Wednesday 15 January 2014

And they call it Ragnarok

This is my first blog so please bear with me...

I have been a professional artist for over twenty five years and an artist for even longer.

Recently I missed a wedding.  And rashly I suggested I'd paint a picture as a wedding present.  Okay that does not seem so bad does it?  After all it is my job.  However, What I actually said was that I'd paint a picture of anything at all.  Whatever the very lovely Lauren and Steve wanted...  I may have been a bit free with the offer because of wedding misser guilt.

They said that'd be great and then requested a painting of themselves (the happily newly wedded).

Fine.

"Oh and could you include an alien invasion"

Okay.

"And Zombies.  Lots and lots of Zombies"

Yes, I can do that, I think.

"And Ragnarok"

Gulp....

I saw the photos.  Their wedding looked ace and they looked remarkable as always, but there were no zombies or Gods ending the world as we know it! :D

Here is the blog of the development of said mega painting.  This is going to take a while.

First I offered up a quick Photoshop sketch, just to see if we were thinking along the same lines - seemed unlikely really ;D




But as it happened they quite like it.

They only asked for one change.




Next I have to think about the lighting and over all colour scheme and adding in the giant wolf and the enormous serpent...  There's not as much general coverage of the end of the world as you might think.